Saturday, March 08, 2008

music... the soundtrack of our lives

another saturday night .... the only thing I have going is a Law & Order SVU Marathon.

of course, that's got me snooping all over the internet for something to amuse me. i read an article. very interesting. there's a guy in austin who just turned his living room into a Steve Perry tribute bar. regardless of how you feel about Steve Perry or Journey ( i love faithfully), you have to admire this guy's devotion - music is literally the fabric of his life (or, more specifically, his three piece sectional). and this is a good analogy - music as an element as your life's design. or at least - for those of us less obsessed - as something to sit on. think about it: like furniture, every song has it's own unique shape, weight, pattern, and texture. it serves as a reflection of your personal taste, while also reflecting current trends.

personally, i have no music ability or talent, but i am most drawn to people who do - the connect me to the sounds i love. songs make me happy, make me cry, heal my heart and make me want to do dirty things.

what's you favorite song, what makes your heart skip a beat?

No comments: